News and Announcements
Thank you to all our volunteers, like any sport Lacrosse takes a lot of time and effort from players and family.
We are very lucky to have such fantastic volunteers this year, Coaches, Team Managers, Parents and Relatives and in some cases our volunteers do not even have children playing.
We also had lots of moms and dads complete their coach training this season and we look forward to seeing you all out on the floor for the 2020 season.
We had a record breaking amount of Registrations this year and lots of new players in all divisions.
Coach of the Year – Matt Gauthier
Volunteer of the Year – Heather Welsh
Ref of the Year – Brock Elder
Tyke / Mini Tyke:
- Most Improved – Alistair Poirier
- Most Sportsmanlike – Ethann Titian
- Most Dedicated – Jaxon Adams
- Most Improved – Max Decary
- Most Sportsmanlike – Zandr Wiwcharyk
- Most Dedicated – James Lamb
- Most Improved – Kenneth Lucas
- Most Sportsmanlike – Jayda Swanson
- Most Dedicated – Griffin Schwager
- Most Improved – Bryden Granger
- Most Sportsmanlike – Anthony Cartlidge
- Most Dedicated – Jace Fedirchuk
- Most Improved – Daniel Chin
- Most Sportsmanlike – Quintin George
- Most Dedicated – Kayden Doiron
The 2019 Year end Banquet will be held July.3rd 5:30pm-7:30pm upstairs at the Alberni Multiplex.
There will be awards for the following categories:
(1) Coach of the Year
(1) Volunteer of the Year- Can be a Parent, Relative, Ref, Manager, Executive Member. Any person that has made a positive impact on the 2019 season.
Each Team will awarded:
(1) Player in each category for:
We want to here who you feel is most deserving.
Please make sure you get all your nominations in by Monday June.24th to firstname.lastname@example.org
**1 full set of nominations per registered player.
There will be pizza , drinks and dessert for the players and one parent or gaurdian.
See you July.3rd
I want to thank all the parents that brought thier kids out to our Fun Run event this year.
This was a fantastic Team Building event, the kids had a blast.
I was lucky enough to be able to have a small part in it and to watch the kids have so much fun.
To our Coaches , Manager helpers and Parents I just want to thank you for doing such an amazing job organizing and following through from start to end.
AV Minor Lacrosse will be making a presentation to P.A City Council next Monday May 27th at 2pm.
The purpose of this presentation is to share the history, current status and future plans for the growth of minor lacrosse in the Alberni Valley.
We also want to further develop our partnership with the City of Port Alberni and the Parks, Recreation and Heritage Department on the proposed Multi-Sport Facility.
The facility would include a new Covered Outdoor Lacrosse Box.
We will also be asking City Council to consider the kids when making decisions about sports facilities.
A second ask is for council to appoint a liaison to attend meetings and be included in discussions on youth sports facilities development.
We are hoping to fill Council chambers with players, coaches, parents,Tyees alumnI and friends of Lacrosse.
Please attend if you can.
Bring your kids, jerseys, sticks – invite others!
We need to show the city that Lacrosse has a long history and that our sport has significant value to the community for the future.
Thank you for your support