News and Announcements
Congratulations 2019 Midget Tyees in your 5-4 win against VELA securing your Provincial spot. Yay
Good luck on Sunday in Kerry Park vs Oceanside for the Vancouver Island Banner.
If anyone wants to get out and cheer the team on, they play at Kerry Park this Sunday July.14th 10:30 a.m in hopes of bringing home the 2019 Vancouver Island Banner.
Good luck Tyees.
Attention AVMLA Tyke and Novice families! The Vancouver Island Minor Lacrosse Commission is seeking feedback from parents, coaches and managers to gather information on the 2019 Season. This survey is directed at our Tyke and Novice Divisions as they had rule and / or game format changes in the 2019 season.
This survey is being sent to all Vancouver Island lacrosse associations. This feedback is valuable as it will help the VIMLC Executive plan for the 2020 season.
Thank you to all our volunteers, like any sport Lacrosse takes a lot of time and effort from players and family.
We are very lucky to have such fantastic volunteers this year, Coaches, Team Managers, Parents and Relatives and in some cases our volunteers do not even have children playing.
We also had lots of moms and dads complete their coach training this season and we look forward to seeing you all out on the floor for the 2020 season.
We had a record breaking amount of Registrations this year and lots of new players in all divisions.
Coach of the Year – Matt Gauthier
Volunteer of the Year – Heather Welsh
Ref of the Year – Brock Elder
Tyke / Mini Tyke:
- Most Improved – Alistair Poirier
- Most Sportsmanlike – Ethann Titian
- Most Dedicated – Jaxon Adams
- Most Improved – Max Decary
- Most Sportsmanlike – Zandr Wiwcharyk
- Most Dedicated – James Lamb
- Most Improved – Kenneth Lucas
- Most Sportsmanlike – Jayda Swanson
- Most Dedicated – Griffin Schwager
- Most Improved – Bryden Granger
- Most Sportsmanlike – Anthony Cartlidge
- Most Dedicated – Jace Fedirchuk
- Most Improved – Daniel Chin
- Most Sportsmanlike – Quintin George
- Most Dedicated – Kayden Doiron
Everyone check your email and respond as soon as possible.
We all hear when something goes wrong.
So let’s hear who deserves an award for something done right.
Here is your chance to help decide who gets recognized for what they deserve.
The deadline is here.
Your Alberni Valley Minor Lacrosse Executive wants to hear from you.
(One full set of votes per player)
Please send in your submissions no later than Monday, June 24th
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Have you been watching your players team play, is there players that your child admires? Teammates that stand out and you notice, please let us know who you believe is deserving of the following for your team (please indicate division):
Most Sportsmanlike -
Most Improved -
Most Dedicated -
2) You can pick a coach from your team or any team in the association, any coach you feel has made a positive impact.
Same goes for volunteer- Volunteer can be a parent, relative, ref, manager, executive or anyone that is a stand out person involved in AVMLA.
Volunteer of the Year-
Coach of the Year-
3) Our annual year end banquet will take place on Wednesday, July 3rd at 5:30pm – 7:30pm upstairs at the multiplex, we ask that each player attend with one parent or guardian.
If you are unable to attend, please let us know.
Thank you & we look forward to hearing from you soon
The 2019 Year end Banquet will be held July.3rd 5:30pm-7:30pm upstairs at the Alberni Multiplex.
There will be awards for the following categories:
(1) Coach of the Year
(1) Volunteer of the Year- Can be a Parent, Relative, Ref, Manager, Executive Member. Any person that has made a positive impact on the 2019 season.
Each Team will awarded:
(1) Player in each category for:
We want to here who you feel is most deserving.
Please make sure you get all your nominations in by Monday June.24th to email@example.com
**1 full set of nominations per registered player.
There will be pizza , drinks and dessert for the players and one parent or gaurdian.
See you July.3rd